Monday, May 4, 2009

MOM and Me Stitch Markers!


I decided to make stitch markers for my MOM and Me Shawl.  I wanted to find charms that had meaning to both of us.  I tried and tried to get a nice clear picture of the markers but couldn't.  Hopefully, you will be able to make them out anyway.

The sewing machine charm represents the love my MOM had for sewing.  She loved making quilts.  She hand sewed all of them, including the actual quilting!

The ball of yarn and two knitting needles represents the pair of booties she made me when I was an infant.  Mom never really cared for the craft so that was the end of her projects.  She knew how much I loved knitting and was thrilled to see each knitting project that I created.  The chocolate fudge cupcake was given to her for her birthday while she was in the hospital.  She smiled and chuckled!

The birdhouse charm with a bird dangling represents our love for birds.  She had lots of beautiful birds in her yard often.

The heart with the words MOM in the center represents everything!  Enough said! (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment