Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is the first entry in my new blog. I am very excited about it and hope it doesn't take up too much of my "knitting time". My mother-in-law asked why am I knitting now? 'It's something you save to do in your old age!" I want to really get good at it now so that when I am old, I won't have to learn the basics, I'll already know!

Knitting, knitting, knitting! I just can't seem to get it out of my mind. Seems like these days, that's pretty much all I want to do. I am so lucky that I have a husband that doesn't mind. He never complains. I think knitting is a therapy of sorts. There are times I come home from work extremely stressed and knitting seems to help me relax. Knit one, purl one, knit one, purl one. Oh, how I love the sound of that!

Right now, I am knitting a simple little cloth from the stitch pattern called "little checkers". I am doing it in Peaches and Cream yarn called potpouri. It is about a third of the way done and it is turning out quite nicely. The little checkers seems to form a cute little "purled" heart. I bet it would like great in pink or red for a Valentine's Day cloth.

Well more later, I want to get back to knitting.

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment